Wednesday, December 29, 2010

National Pavilions- Brussels World's Fair 1958

Some more images of some of the National Pavilions at the Brussels World's Fair of 1958. First up is the Israel Pavilion in a modern style. This slide was bright red so I color corrected as well as I could.

Next up is the pavilion for Switzerland. I really like the roof line and the entrance.

Thailand is up next, the building looks like a model until you look in the background and see the visitors sitting on benches.

Final image is a fantastic building with glass and steel, bringing the outdoors in. I would love to live in this building. In front of the building are various ancient idols. The country is Nicaragua which is unusual participant at a World's Fair.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

There can't be too many photos of the Nicaraguan pavilion! I didn't even know there was one. Love the detail of the priests out front.

Unknown said...

Hey All! On behalf of the Royal Thai Consulate in Chicago, I'm currently looking for news reports on Queen Sirikit of Thailand's visit to Expo 58. If anyone has any information or ideas on where to look, please email me at admasters17@gmail.com Thanks!