Thursday, February 24, 2011

Open Wide (Disneyland in Black and White)

I am calling this group open wide based upon two photographs in this group. It appears this trip is circa 1957 with Tom Sawyer's Island open, as seen in this image of the Mark Twain from the treehouse on the island.

A "you are there" view of the Mark Twain while waiting for a raft to take us over to the island.

Another view featuring the Canoes.

Over in Fantasyland we view the marvel known as the Skyway.

Posing in the land of the future Tomorrowland.

And the reason for the title. First up is Monstro swallowing guests again.

The Hippos in the Jungle River Cruise were jealous, so one decided to get in the act and attempt to swallow guests.

2 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

Oh my gosh, those are so cool! It made me feel like I stumbled upon an old photo album in someone's attic or something!

Major Pepperidge said...

I agree with Connie, only it reminds me of my own family's photos... my mom's boxes and boxes full of those old square snapshots!