Friday, August 15, 2014

Souvenir Friday- Late 1960s Ashtray

Coming from the late 1960's is this neat ashtray. The colors are different than any other ashtray I have seen and the castle is a great modern stylized design. The back has the older style hallmark. I call this stamp the berm mark as it looks like the shape of the Disneyland berm. I see this mark from the late 1950s until the early 1970s. In the early 1970s, Walt Disney Productions took over distribution of their own souvenirs and the hallmark is the classic Disneyland D and the more modern Walt Disney World D intertwined.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Extremely cool Patrick...great find!!!

MRaymond said...

A souvenir ashtray sounds so strange now days but was very common in the 60's. My dads friend has an ashtray collection. He's in his 80s now. I wonder if he has any Disney ones.

Nice find.