Friday, May 01, 2015

1950s Disneyland Apron

A common household item that every housewife owned in the 1950s was an apron. Used to protect clothing when cooking or cleaning. Many tourist sites sold aprons as a souvenir. Of course Disneyland sold several different aprons in the 1950s. This is a nice apron with graphics of the Main Street Train Station, a Stagecoach for Frontierland and the Jungle River Cruise in Adventureland. Most of the aprons I have found have been unused as I think kids would buy an apron for Mom and she never used it.

2 comments:

K. Martinez said...

Again, I'm amazed at your Disneyland collection. The Frontierland stagecoach graphic is cool. I wonder if there was an apron with Fantasyland and Tomorrowland graphics. Thanks.

Major Pepperidge said...

Great graphics! I am assuming that there were variations of souvenir aprons?